BEFORE THE EMPLOYEE’S START DATE
Outcomes: This is a welcoming work environment with informed colleagues and a fully-equipped workspace; new employees feel “settled in” on their first day.
Schedule and Job Duties
- Submit the Hire transaction
- Call employee:
- Confirm start date, time, place, parking, dress code, etc.
- Identify computer needs and requirements.
- Provide the name of their onboarding buddy.
- Remind employee to complete tasks on the New Hire Activity page in Atlas.
- Add regularly scheduled meetings (e.g. staff and department) to employee’s calendar.
- Prepare employee’s calendar for the first two weeks.
- Plan the employee’s first assignment.
- Email department/team/functional area of the new hire. Include start date, employee’s role, and bio. Copy the new employee, if appropriate. (See Tools & Resources)
- Set up meetings with critical people for the employee’s first few weeks.
- Arrange for lunch with the appropriate person(s) or buddy for the first day and during the first…
View original post 4,014 more words