How to sell over the phone
- Define your purpose: What do you want to achieve?
- Prepare questions: What do you need to ask?
- Prepare answers: Summarize answers to likely questions.
- Practice: Use a voice recorder to hear how you come across.
- Visualize: Put up a picture of your caller or another person. Imagine you are talking to a person rather than a disembodied voice.
If you’re not comfortable on the phone, sales probably isn’t the career for you. Learning how to capture and keep someone’s attention without physically being in their presence is a skill all salespeople need. It’s also a skill that demands constant practice and improvement.
This guide covers everything from pre-call preparation to sales script tips. More of a visual learner? Scroll down, to see a detailed infographic from The Gap Partnership.
Phone Sales Tips
Make Sure You’re Comfortable on the Phone
There are a few…
View original post 1,977 more words