Responding to “Call Me Back After the Holidays
- Probe into their reluctance.
- Point out the benefits of talking now.
- Ask about a recent compelling event.
- Extend the conversation by requesting more information.
- Offer a few suggestions “while you’ve got them.”
- Establish urgency.
- Investigate whether they have any “use it or lose it” budget.
- If all else fails, try to schedule a follow-up meeting right then.
Calling prospects in the last few weeks of Q4 means you’ll hear a season-specific objection: “Can you call me back after the holidays?”
There are three potential reasons you’ll hear this line.
First, your prospect might be interested in learning more but has a legitimate reason to postpone your conversation. Maybe he’s already used up his budget, his team or department is still finalizing next year’s strategy, or he needs to review his current vendor before deciding whether to stay or switch.
View original post 1,693 more words