In the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak, businesses are facing the heat due to quarantine restrictions, travel bans, event cancellations, and so on. We have compiled a list of seven tips to help you prepare a crisis marketing strategy for 2020.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has negatively impacted the world. There’s been a lot of uncertainty and misinformation surrounding the outbreak, which is reflected in public behavior with necessities like toilet paper going out of stock. Bloomreach fetched online sales revenue data for the week of February 23-29, 2020, consisting of 250+ retailers across the globe and reported the following figures for common stockpile items:
- Masks: Revenue sales increased 590% from the week prior
- Hand sanitizers: Revenue sales increased 420% from the week prior
- Clorox/Lysol wipes: Revenue sales increased 184% from the week prior
- Canned food: Revenue sales increased 183% from the week prior
- Disinfectants: Revenue sales…